Looking to make your own DIY natural facial moisturizers? Each skin type has different needs and it may be difficult to find a brand that will give you exactly what you’re looking for. What better way to make sure you’re only putting the best ingredients in your moisturizer than to make one yourself. Read on as we teach you how to make your own homemade daily moisturizer for any skin type.
DIY Natural Facial Moisturizers | Homemade Beauty in Your Hands
1. Base Oil
The first thing you need to prepare for your do-it-yourself moisturizer is your base oil. You should fill 2/3 of your bottle with a base oil, one you shall choose wisely as it will greatly impact the effectiveness of your moisturizer. You can test several oils on your face and see which one your skin loves the most!
- Sweet Almond oil – good choice for any skin type
- Avocado oil – good for aging or drying skin
- Apricot oil – good for normal and also aging and drying skin
- Grapeseed oil – good for normal, acne-prone, or oily skin
- Hemp Seed oil – a light oil good for any skin type
2. Nourishing Oil
Nourishing oils can be a bit expensive, but they’re totally worth it! You can choose to skip this part if you want, but it’s highly recommended that your DIY moisturizer has at least 1/3 of this oil. Once you see the effect of nourishing oils on your skin, you’ll never want to skip them!
Here are suggestions for nourishing oils based on your skin type:
- Any skin type: Sea Buckthorn oil, Evening Primrose oil, Borage oil
- Oily or acne-prone skin: Tamanu oil
- Normal, dry, or aging skin: Rosehip Seed oil
- Dry or aging skin: Emu oil
3. Essential Oil
Your homemade daily moisturizer for the face will only need a couple of drops of essential oil, but the benefits are absolutely amazing! With just 4-7 drops, the right essential oil can do wonders for your face. There are tons to choose from, and their effects differ from each other. You can research the type of oil based on your needs.
Here are some essential oil suggestions based on your skin type:
- Any skin type: Chamomile, Rose Geranium, Palmarosa
- Acne-prone, oily, or dry skin: Peppermint, Lavander
- Normal, dry, or aging skin: Rose
- Normal, acne-prone, or oily skin: Lemongrass
Moisturizing is an essential part of skin care. You may not have found the right brand of moisturizer for your face yet, but the good news is you can make your own homemade face cream. This way, you can mix and match different oils to see what works best for you. Hope you enjoy making your own natural facial moisturizer!
What are your favorite oils for your face? Let us know in the comments section!