Homemade tanning oil can give you that sun-kissed glow, even if you are fair skinned. Don’t let your light skin hold you back from getting a tan. We will share effective tips on how to tan with fair skin and freckles by using homemade tanning oil.
Homemade Tanning Oil That Works Perfect for Fair Skin
In This Article:
- Reasons to Consider a Tan
- Challenges for Individuals with Fair Skin Tones
- Effective Tanning Tips for Fair Skin
- How To Make Homemade Tanning Oil Recipe
- Benefits of Using a Homemade Oil
Reasons to Consider a Tan
The reasons you may consider tanning depend on your personal preferences. This includes issues such as skin type and appearance. Individuals with tanned skin often get the crowd’s attention for its healthy glow. It suggests a fun and outgoing personality, someone who engages in healthy outdoor activities such as swimming and hiking.
A sun-kissed glow is the goal of tanning, so you want a light tan that gives you an attractive appearance. A small amount of sunlight is essential for your health. It promotes the production of Vitamin D. This vitamin helps your body absorb calcium.
Getting enough sun is also essential for your mood and mental health. Spending too much time indoors may cause a reduction in serotonin levels. This chemical contributes to a negative mindset. This may lead to depression or other mental health concerns. Spending time outdoors also helps you maintain a positive perspective.
But tanning does have some potential risks to your health, particularly when your skin begins to burn even before tanning starts. You should discuss your skin and health with a medical professional. This ensures you are not taking unnecessary risks with your skin.
Tanning oil helps your body get the attractive tan you want without spending too much time in the sun. It allows you to improve your appearance while you also limit exposure to UV rays. Get enough sunlight to produce vitamin D and reduce the risk of depression. You want to spend 15 to 30 minutes each day in the sun for your health. Using outdoor tanning oil for fair skin helps your skin achieve a beautiful glow, even as you engage in outdoor activities.
Challenges for Individuals with Fair Skin Tones
It has always been a struggle for people with fair skin to get a good tan. A key reason for the difficulty in obtaining an attractive tan is the possibility of burning. Fair skin has a low level of melanin. Melanin allows an individual to produce vitamin D. The downside of not having a lot of melanin is that the skin burns faster and may not tan well.
Using a homemade tanning oil assists with the challenge of tanning. It encourages melanin production in the skin and helps hydrate the skin for good health. By using a tanning oil, you will spend less time in the sun and reduce the risk of burning.
Effective Tanning Tips for Fair Skin
We know it can get frustrating to get a good tan. It’s tempting to take a shortcut (or that is what you hoped it would be). But there are some bad practices that actually do more harm than good. Here are some effective tanning tips for fair skin without risking damage:
- Never ditch the sunscreen – Sunscreen does not hinder your skin from getting a tan. It serves as added protection. Skipping on SPF lotion will only give you painful and flaky skin afterward. Make sure to dab on sunscreen before sun exposure.
- Take it easy – Good things come to those who wait. Having a good tan takes patience and perseverance. Overexposing yourself will not give you a faster result. It damages your skin and makes it prone to skin disease. Here is what you can do instead. On your first session, do 15 – 20 minutes of sun exposure. Check how your skin reacts. Track for the next 2 – 3 days. The break between tanning sessions gives your skin time to rest.
- Give it rest – The downtime from sun exposure is part of a good tanning process. During this period, melanin production is at its peak. Melanin is the skin pigmentation that gives that tanned color.
- Moisturize – This crucial step is often skipped. Moisturizing your skin helps you keep the tanned complexion. At the same time, it keeps your skin healthy and supple, saving you from the discomfort of itchy skin– especially in the face.
How To Make Homemade Tanning Oil Recipe
When you decide to make homemade tanning oil, you want an effective recipe for your fair skin. Here’s a simple carrot tanning oil recipe. It starts with 5 green walnuts. Place the walnuts in a jar, then grate one medium to large carrot, or two small carrots, into the jar.
Pour 1 1/4 cups of olive oil over the mixture. Allow the mixture to sit for four weeks, but shake it to mix up the ingredients. Strain the mixture to remove the walnuts and carrots before using the oil on your skin.
Don’t limit yourself to this tanning oil recipe. Experiment with other oils and extracts. Here are some ways to make homemade tanning oils with natural ingredients. Remember, the best tanning oil for fair skin excludes harmful chemicals.
Benefits of Using a Homemade Oil
Using a homemade oil provides three key benefits:
- Allows you to use natural and organic ingredients
- Hydrates your skin with a healthy oil
- Reduces the cost of tanning with ingredients you are able to find in any store
Watch this video by Mel Jai-Lee to learn how to make an instant DIY tanning oil:
The best tanning solution for fair skin encourages a healthy glow without burning. However, take precautions. Too much tanning oil will not give you the best results either. The key to a successful fair skin tan is focusing on natural and healthy ingredients. These ingredients hydrate the skin while also amplifying melanin production. By using a homemade oil, you will see positive results and enjoy the impact of a healthy glow.
Do you want to try this DIY tanning oil for fair skin recipe? Share the results with us in the comments section below!
Up Next: How to Apply Sunless Tanner
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on January 10, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.