You need to know how to use bronzing powder to get that perfect tan look. Bronzing powder is the star of a beauty trend called contouring. Kendall Jenner does it, Victoria Beckham has perfected it, and Kim Kardashian West loves it so much that she released her own contouring kit. Find out more about bronzer application to have your perfect sun-kissed skin!
How to Use Bronzing Powder Plus Some Trendy Tips for You!
Step 1: Choose Your Bronzer
Choosing the right bronzing powder shade is simple. Always choose two shades darker than your natural skin tone or tan skin. Beginners should begin with a matte bronzer and eventually upgrade to a shimmery bronzer once you’ve mastered how to apply bronzing powder!
Step 2: Apply Foundation
It is important to remember that foundation acts as a canvas that bronzing powder clings to. In fact, bronzer is one of the last things you should apply to your face but never after the powder blush.
Step 3: Contour with Your Bronzer
Draw a huge number three on each side of your face, starting from your hairline, to the hollow part of your cheek, then below the jawline. Don’t forget to pay attention to your temples, cheeks, chin, neck, and the bridge of your nose. Apply with moderation so you won’t draw attention to the bronzer itself but create the illusion of a shadow along the contours.
Step 4: Blend It
One of the most important parts of applying bronzer is blending. A perfect blend will also help make your makeup look more natural. Make sure there aren’t any harsh lines and use a translucent powder for any pesky pile-ups.
Step 5: Highlight Your Face
Lastly, don’t forget to apply a highlighter! You can either use a liquid or powder highlighter. Liquid highlighters are more intense, whereas powder will have a more matte finish. A highlighter adds the dewy glow to your sun-kissed shade, so apply it to where light naturally hits your face.
Some Tips and Tricks when Applying Bronzer
- Mind the shade: Be wary of red shades because they have a tendency to make you look sunburnt. The best option for fair skin is a peach or yellow-based bronzer.
- Layer it: Apply a layer of liquid bronzer underneath the powder. This gives you an outline to follow when it’s time to apply powdered bronzer.
- Choose the right brush: A bronzer brush is designed to carry as much product as possible. Use any type of brush with short, soft bristles. If you want a lighter shade, use a bronzer-specific brush.
- Make it pop: For maximum effect, use a light, rose-colored gloss on your lips.
- Try a tantour: If you’re a fan of self-tanning lotions, try contouring with a tanning product. Use a product specifically made for the face, such as Body Drench’s Gradual Self Tanner for Face.
Watch this video from Sazan Hendrix to find out more about tantouring!
Applying bronzer can help shape your face along with some nice highlighting to add dimension. Whether it’s a beach, self, or spray tan you’re trying to maintain, bronzer will give you the healthy, natural glow you are looking for. Try out this guide on how to use bronzing powder and perfect your summer look. A little bronzer and blush can turn a nice tan into a warm and lively complexion with the perfect sun-kissed skin!
Are you a fan of contouring? What’s your favorite bronzing powder brand? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on October 9, 2017 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.