Bronzer can both contour your face and give it a picture-perfect warm tone. Knowing how and where to apply bronzer on your face will help you get that sun-kissed summer glow. If you want a walkthrough on how to use a bronzer powder to achieve the shaping and shimmering magic, read on.
Take Sun Kissed Photos: Where to Apply Bronzer on Your Face
Apply bronzer where the sun hits the face naturally. Target the sharp-cornered aspects of your face like your forehead. To do so, swipe your brush on your forehead following the hairline groove.
Go around the cheeks from the forehead to forge shade connection. Then, stroke the brush towards your cheekbones for emphasis. Smile! It helps perfect the application.
Now, it’s time to tan and define the jawline. Stroke the brush across your jawline. Not only will this give you a sun-kissed glow, but it’ll also slim your face.
Applying bronzer on the sides or tip of your nose maximizes the many wonders makeup can do. All you need is an angled eyeshadow brush for an instant nose contour. Trace the edges of your nose using the brush then, blend towards the sides.
Tips to Help You Pull Off a Flawless Sun-kissed Look
Here are additional tips to take note of to achieve that perfect sun-kissed glow!
- Choose the right bronzer. There are liquid bronzers, cream bronzers, and powder bronzers. All come in a variety of shades. Choose the form you’re most comfortable using. The shade you choose must be two or three times darker than your skin tone for it to look natural on you.
- Use the right tool. A fan brush with a round top is most suitable for powder bronzer application. A kabuki brush can also come handy when you’re traveling. Makeup sponges or blenders work best for liquid bronzer.
- Put on a base. Remember to put on sunblock before any makeup product. Then, apply primer or foundation. Wait for each product to set before applying another product.
- Bring on the bronzer. Here’s a tip on how to apply bronzer on the face. When using powder bronzer, always dust off the excess amount. Not doing so can lead to putting too much on your face. The same principle applies when using cream or liquid bronzers. Squeeze out small amounts on your sponge per application, that is.
- Add some blush. If you’re wondering how to apply bronzer and blush together, it’s simple. All you need is a blush brush to apply a touch of pink or peach on your cheeks. In case of excessive application, use a translucent powder.
For a tutorial on how to apply bronzer, check out this video from Allure:
Knowing where and how to apply bronzer lets you sport the sun-kissed flush look any day. You can even style your hair with beach waves to match your glow!
What’s your favorite bronzer? Let us know in the comments section below!